Today for my card share I am showing you has a fun story to it, well, at least I think so. When I browse the internet for card ideas I always feel up for a challenge within that says:" I bet you can't make this one, so, move on". This one I thought was really appealing to my color senses. So I saved it and later on when I had time for a challenge I took it on and changed some of it to my liking. I was pleased with the results.
This lady bug was a fun thing to make happen.
You know when you are a stamper over the years you end up with a collection of stamps, at least I did. Recently I was putting all of my wood mounted stamps on cling material to save space and boy did that ever make a difference. But doing so meant that I had to store them in an effective way, so I picked the 3 inches thick binders for my storage solution. Crafter's Companion carries the plastic white sheets for cling stamps, so I have been buying a few packages at a time to suit my storing purpose. Then came the time to organize. I had to separate all my cling stamps in a very general fashion first. Then recently I have undone general and made it into a more detailed sections, things with wings and so on....you get the picture.
In the meantime I have a small collection of acrylic stamps which I am not at all fond of because it is a hard one for me to file properly and have yet liked any idea I have seen for storage. So it sits in the dark in a remote drawer and when all fails to find something I am really needing I go there and dig.
My digging paid off because this is where my little lady bug was resting peacefully until it was discovered. It was so small that I had never noticed her there.
So I stamped her and loved her!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted her wings to look shiny so before I cut all around her I used some crystal lacquer covering her good with it. Let to dry, cut it out and gave her a rounded shape before adding her on to her spot on the card.
The little lady bug, now made it to my binder with all the things with wings section. So next time she will be easily found because I have a stamped image over her. awwwwwwwww LOL
Yellow, blue and green ink pads and sponge daubers for each color.
You will also need any punch that looks like a daisy or die cuts, in my case I had my Cheery Lynn Designs daisies, My leaves were from Memory Box. Daisies are folded in half trying to make the petals not to overlap perfectly for a more dimentional look. The leaves were cut in white CS to color myself with sponge dauber when comes the time to put them down on the card.
Heart shape was from Spellbinder and then the fun began. The heart was cut in white watercolor paper. I started at the bottom of my heart with green ink sponge daubed in a circular motion until desired look was attained. Then a yellow sponge dauber was used creating a slim line of yellow to show horizon and I then finished the rest of the heart with blue for the sky.
Leaves and stemps were daubed with desired green. I had to play with the leaves on the heart before finalizing the positionning of them then adhered them in place. Next layer was the daisies with stems. The little lady bug. A thank you stamp was used to the right of the card where there is another daisy standing with pride to finish off the card.
End of story, I was really impressed by my version of it!
Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping in and sharing a comment when you can